A Utah County arrest warrant search can be undertaken by the police or the judiciary. However, pursuant to the laws of the state of UT, crime history information does not qualify as public records, so unless you are an authorized employer who has been granted rights by the statutes to conduct arrest warrant inquiries, you won’t be able to access information on third parties.
However, it is possible to get a report on personal arrest records and warrants. Such documents are typically demanded before a company makes a hiring decision. Especially corporations that provide care, education and medical facilities to children, seniors and disabled adults will demand that you offer information on any outstanding warrants from Utah County in your name.
So, if you are a civilian who does not meet these two criteria, you will have to contend with privately maintained databases. One such repository can be accessed by using the form above. Filling the required information will get you details on active warrants and arrest records from all over the state and country and not just Utah County.
People, who do qualify to receive information on criminal history from state agencies, can approach the following departments. A small fee is charged for third party inquires on warrants and arrests as well as personal background reports. Generally, the applicant will either have to visit the office of the agency in person or mail in the search request form.
- The sheriff: 3075 North Main Street, Spanish Fork, Utah 84660
- The magistrate: 51 S University Ave, Provo, UT 84663
- The clerk of court: 100 East Center, Room 1300, Provo, Utah 84606
Will state agencies provide arrest records or information on warrants issued in Utah County over the phone? (Updated-2021)
- Call Jail Bookings at 801-851-4200 for information on recent arrests.
- Call the Sheriff’s Office at 801-794-3970 for general questions.
- Call the Warrants Unit at 801-851-4117 for information about arrest warrants.
- Call the Utah County Attorney at 801-851.8026 for victim’s assistance.
- Call the Records Unit at 801-851-4211/801-851-4234 for an arrest report.
- Call the Clerk of Court at 801-756-9654/801-429-1000/801-423-2770/801-804-4800 for judicial records.
Crime statistics of Utah County
In 2019, the Utah Sheriff’s Office received 410 criminal complaints, compared to the 437Utah instances that were received in 2018. There were 323 property offenses and 87 violent crimes among the total.
Around 260 larceny thefts, 38 burglaries, and 25 motor vehicle thefts were reported under the category of property offenses. Nearly 52 aggravated assaults, 30 rapes, and 3 robberies were included in the category of violent crimes.
A crime is reported in Utah County, UT every hour. This gives rise to a mammoth figure of almost 12000 incidents per annum. Fortunately, only 3% of these occurrences are instances of violent crime. However, this figure is in for a drastic rise if the increase of over 20% in the number of such incidents is anything to go by.